The client side of PyORBit should be pretty usable now. Marshalling and
demarshalling of pretty much all types is working well. I ported most of
test/everything/client.c to Python using PyORBit, which helped test
the a lot of the code.
I support pretty much all of the complex types pretty well (structures,
unions, sequences, arrays, exceptions, anys).
I fixed the weird typelib bug (bug
94513), and checked
the fix into both
gnome-2-0 branches of ORBit2 (haven't
had a release yet though). I need to look at porting the fix for bug
93928 back to the
gnome-2-0 branch. I ran into some other bugs while working on the
union support: bug
95581 and bug
95591. Hopefully I can
get both of these resolved and a new ORBit2-2.4.x release put out.
As the client side of things is mostly working, I am tossing up on
whether to port gnome-python over to using it. I should probably wait
for a tarball release of ORBit2 though ...