27 April 2000
I went to the show put on for Science Week by Dr Karl Kruszelnicki and Adam Spencer last night. It was very interesting to hear about the weird things some people research. If you have a chance to see them in another state, go.
One interesting thing in the show was when they were pointing out one of the sections in the GST^H^H^HNew Tax System act:
For the purposes of making a declaration under this Subdivision, the Commissioner may:
- treat a particular event that actually happened as not having happened; and
- treat a particular event that did not actually happen as having happened and, if appropriate, treat the event as:
- having happened at a particular time; and
- having involved particular action by a particular entity; and
- treat a particular event that actually happened as:
- having happened at a time different from the time it actually happened; or
- having involved particular action by a particular entity (whether or not the event actually involved any action by that entity).
On the bright side, hardware will drop from 22% tax to 10% tax and software will go from 0% to 10%. Good thing I use free software :) Maybe this will make a laptop a bit more affordable